[dns-operations] DNS Attack over UDP fragmentation

Dan York york at isoc.org
Wed Sep 4 15:03:54 UTC 2013

Ondrej,

On 9/4/13 9:08 AM, "Ondřej Surý" <ondrej.sury at nic.cz> wrote:

>We gave it some thoughts here at CZ.NIC Labs and we think that the threat
>is real and we are now trying to write a PoC code to prove the
>theoretical concept.
>
>So what are the views of other people on this list?

I attended the SAAG session, listened to the presentation and read through
the materials with great interest. I left, though, not really sure I could
understand how real of a threat this is in actual deployments.   I would
certainly welcome PoC code that could help shed light on the severity of
the issue.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/