[dns-operations] All NSs for a TLD being in the TLD itself

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Oct 24 23:36:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:53:03PM +0000, Wolfgang Nagele wrote:

> Why would this be unsafe and/or fragile? As was already mentioned
> the root zone has to include glue for whichever name you choose
> anyway, due to the position in the hierarchy

This isn't strictly true.  The only thing the root zone actually has
to contain is glue for the NS records on the parent side of any
delegation from the root.  It just so happens that the root zone
includes the other glue too.

As for whether this arrangement is fragile, I could (like others)
construct the argument either way.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com