[dns-operations] summary of recent vulnerabilities in DNS security.

Keith Mitchell keith at dns-oarc.net
Tue Oct 22 19:08:10 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 02:41 PM, Haya Shulman wrote:
>> Yes, but as I explained privately previously, there is no record
>> of this correspondence through official OARC channels - I did
>> request you re-send, but I don't have a copy of it.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by `official OARC channels`, I forwarded
> my communication on this issue, with porttest operators, to you a
> month or so ago.

I've now tracked down the relevant correspondence, which you sent to a
couple of Verisign contacts with non-current OARC roles back in April
2012, then re-sent to me on 9th Sep. Sorry for saying you didn't send me
this, it's been a busy couple of months.

> Maybe these were not official channels, but I have not contacted
> OARC otherwise, via a different channel. Can you please advise how
> to contact OARC through official channels?

You already did this by communicating directly with me last month and
should continue to do so, thank you. I think we now have all the
disparate information we need to look into fixing the port tester, just
please understand that you are dealing with a community with many issues
to address and finite resources to do so.

Keith