[dns-operations] My anniversary post is now up... Re: 30 years of DNS

Dan York york at isoc.org
Mon Nov 25 17:57:31 UTC 2013

On 11/25/13 11:18 AM, "Dan York" <york at isoc.org> wrote:

>On 11/25/13 5:17 AM, "Ondřej Surý" <ondrej.sury at nic.cz> wrote:
>
>>Just a short notice - the RFC 882 and 883 has been published in November
>>1983, so we are celebrating 30 years of DNS this November.
>
>Excellent catch!  I do agree that we should celebrate this anniversary -
>I'll work up a blog post for our Deploy360 site to help in our own small
>way.

Here's my contribution to celebrating 30 years of DNS:

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/?p=17204

I'll probably also put something up on CircleID ( http://www.circleid.com/
), but will probably wait until tomorrow purely to space out attention to
the topic.   I think there is value in talking about an anniversary like
this because so many people aren't aware of the role that DNS plays in
making so much of the Internet communication we do possible.  I'd
encourage others to post about the anniversary as well!

Dan

P.S. And if you also write at CircleID, please don't let my note that I
may post there prevent you from submitting something there.  The more
articles the better!

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/