[dns-operations] DNS Caching issue with ATT and Verizon Wireless (other small carriers too)

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.com
Wed Nov 6 23:38:10 UTC 2013

> From: Randy Raitz <randy.raitz at readytalk.com>

> I'm writing today after a major mistake by register.com rendered our busine=
> ss ReadyTalk nearly useless to our customer base. During a routine request =
> to review our registrar information (removing privacy filters)

I'm trying to suppress my kneejerk reaction that people who use
spammer shields deserve that kind of trouble and worse.

Note that I did not write "spam shields," because GoDaddy's original
target market of "privacy shields" were spammers irritated by spam
complaints (from spam targets unthinking enough to assume spammers
might do something they'd consider good with spam reports) and too
stupid or lazy to use one of the many undetectable methods for
black-holing complaints to whois contacts.  (e.g. throw-away phone
numbers, postal addresses, and SMTP addresses that work until the start
of an advertising campaign.)

Note also that I and my vanity domain have been around for a while,
its registration has never used any "privacy or proxy services",
its registered mailboxes and telephone numbers have always been valid,
the current lefthand sides of the mailboxes show I've found it
necessary to change them very infrequently,
and that some few people claim that I'm hypersensitive to spam.

Vernon Schryver    vjs at rhyolite.com