[dns-operations] A question about changing nameservers

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Tue May 28 14:00:56 UTC 2013

Are you sure you have updated your domain registrar of this change?

I did a 'whois cloudwebdns.com' and it shows that it last updated a minute before....and:

   Domain Name: CLOUDWEBDNS.COM
   Registrar: ENOM, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.enom.com
   Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
   Name Server: DNS1.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
   Name Server: DNS2.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
   Name Server: DNS3.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
   Name Server: DNS4.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
   Name Server: DNS5.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
   Updated Date: 28-may-2013
   Creation Date: 23-feb-2012
   Expiration Date: 23-feb-2014

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:46:15 UTC <<<

Going further.... it appears DNSbed is a hosting company, and they own the domain cloudwebdns.com

Though dnsbed.com's whois is:

   Domain Name: DNSBED.COM
   Registrar: ENOM, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.enom.com
   Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
   Name Server: NS1.CLOUDWEBDNS.COM
   Name Server: NS2.CLOUDWEBDNS.COM
   Name Server: NS3.CLOUDWEBDNS.COM
   Name Server: NS4.CLOUDWEBDNS.COM
   Updated Date: 28-may-2013
   Creation Date: 14-nov-2010
   Expiration Date: 14-nov-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:56:58 UTC <<<

Was that how it was before, or did you update the wrong domain?