[dns-operations] A question about changing nameservers

Feng He fenghe at nsbeta.info
Tue May 28 10:59:25 UTC 2013

于 2013-5-28 18:45, Roy Arends 写道:
> It seems that ns1/ns2/ns3/ns4.cloudwebdns.com is indeed now serving dnsbed.com.
> If you want to update the zone 'dnsbed.com', nsupdate will try to find the primary authoritative server, by issuing an SOA record for dnsbed.com, which results in:
>
> dnsbed.com. SOA ns0.cloudwebdns.com. {etc,etc}

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
In fact I meant I want to change the nameservers for cloudwebdns.com to
our own servers. Not the DNSbed's NS.

After I added the zone cloudwebdns.com to named.conf and created the
zone files and reloaded BIND (in fact all these steps are done by the
system automatically), I run into the dig problem:

pyh at cloudserver19:~$ dig cloudwebdns.com soa @localhost

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> cloudwebdns.com soa @localhost
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 42752
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cloudwebdns.com.               IN      SOA

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue May 28 18:53:03 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 33

pyh at cloudserver19:~$ dig cloudwebdns.com ns @localhost

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> cloudwebdns.com ns @localhost
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 60198
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cloudwebdns.com.               IN      NS

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue May 28 18:53:11 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 33

For querying both SOA and NS records I just got SERVFAIL.
So I am not sure what happens.

Thanks.