[dns-operations] DNS Performance Test Over TCP

Kareem Ali kareem.ali at centralnic.com
Wed May 22 14:06:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to run a DNS TCP performance test to a DNS server in a
lab environment. I'm doing the test from another server connected
directly with a 1 Gb link. Both servers are running CentOS 6.4. I use
dnsperf to run my DNS performance test on UDP, and it's giving me what I
want on both IPv4 and IPv6, but I can't find a proper tool to do it with
TCP.

I tried querytcp, but it won't let me limit the maximum queries per
second. Also, couldn't get queryperf++ to install on my boxes because it
has some dependencies that it needs to run.

Does anybody know a good tool to do DNS performance tests over TCP?

Regards,
Kareem.

--
Kareem Ali
Network Operations Engineer

CentralNic Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 4985780. Registered Offices: 35-39 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AR.