[dns-operations] Best Practices

Chip Marshall chip at 2bithacker.net
Fri Jun 14 15:07:41 UTC 2013

There was some talk at a recent meeting about establishing some
best practices for operating a DNS server. I'm curious if anyone
is running with this, and if not, if this would be a good forum
to start working on such a project.

I know there are some IETF documents around best practices for
things like DNSSEC, but to the best of my knowledge there's not a
good repository for things like RRL, making sure your recursive
resolver isn't open, ensuring source port randomization (I know I
still see a lot of source 53 queries) and so on.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net>
http://2bithacker.net/