[dns-operations] OARC website down ?

Keith Mitchell keith at dns-oarc.net
Fri Jun 14 13:17:51 UTC 2013

On 06/14/2013 08:11 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:55:27PM +0100, Billy Glynn
> <billy.glynn at iedr.ie> wrote a message of 52 lines which said:
>
>> The DNS-OARC website appears to be down...
>
> Down from 1150 UTC to 1205 UTC for maintenance.

Apologies for this - we're making good progress with building the
replacement servers, but most services still rely on the aging in1
server, which got itself into something of a mess over the past few days
and we needed to do emergency re-boots. It has been re-booted and is
in a much better state, however:

> ODVR did not restart yet :-(

There's a number of the many services that OARC has accumulated over the
years that we still don't have as deep an understanding of the operation
of as we would like, hence the delay in re-starting OVDR. This will
change as these services are migrated over to the new servers.

We'll undertake to give advance notice when we have to take services
down for maintenance in future.

Keith