[dns-operations] Multilocation DNS Looking Glass

Frederic Cambus fred at statdns.com
Thu Jul 11 14:38:10 UTC 2013

Hi Klaus,

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:

> Feature Request:
> - Set NSID flag while querying and report the NSID in the JSON response.

Added to the WishList, thanks. For the next iteration, I'm also pondering
adding DNS Header Flags and RCODEs to the JSON structure.

> - Specify IP address of the authoritative server that should be queried

This feature is actually built in the API software, I deployed a testing
instance (located in Amsterdam, NL), the URL scheme is as follow :

http://nl01.dns-lg.com/nameserver/domain/querytype

> Further, what are the requirements when sponsoring resolvers? Do you use
> some dedicated software on the lg-nodes, or just simple resolvers which
> "allow-query" from your IP address?

The second option, simple resolvers allowing queries from the looking glass
server address.

Best regards.
Frederic.