[dns-operations] Enom's name server broken?

Fan Of Network fanofnetwork at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:49:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Matthew Ghali <mghali at snark.net> wrote:

> In an ideal world, you'd get exactly what you pay for. In reality you get
> less. Most people are definitely not paying for inter-provider coordination
> and a seamless service cutover. Heck, they're paying barely enough for
> service that answers *most* queries.

I'm willing to pay for seamless service cut over - no problem with that. My
provider (Enom) does even have a hosted DNS product, but they cannot
activate it when they domain is registered with them. Now, I'm considering
transferring my domains away from Enom as this might be the easiest
solution.

Some providers don't even offer the option to pay more and get better
service, which is a pity.

You can argue why Enom was chosen in the first place as a registrar and
provider for DNS. I honestly don't know - they were big enough I guess.