[dns-operations] Enom's name server broken?

Matthew Ghali mghali at snark.net
Tue Jan 15 22:19:38 UTC 2013

TBH I've never even thought to have that expectation from a registrar; and in fact I'd never assume they do the "right" thing. My first domain registrar was the Internic, which probably explains the low bar. Many years later, working at a registrar (on a hosted DNS product!) only reinforced my beliefs.

In an ideal world, you'd get exactly what you pay for. In reality you get less. Most people are definitely not paying for inter-provider coordination and a seamless service cutover. Heck, they're paying barely enough for service that answers *most* queries.

matto