[dns-operations] DNS ANY requests / UltraDNS

Miek Gieben miek.gieben at sidn.nl
Thu Jan 10 14:05:01 UTC 2013

[ Quoting Peter van Dijk at 15:01 on January 10 in "Re: [dns-operations] DNS ANY reques"... ]
> On Jan 10, 2013, at 14:39 , Miek Gieben wrote:
>
> > A agree with the rest of your mail, but I have to ask. To which document
> > do you refer if you say "the result of an ANY query is very well defined"?
>

> RFC1035 3.2.3:
>
> *               255 A request for all records

Yes, but Bert specifically said "the result of ... ", this only details the
question part, not the result. To say the least, I think the result of an
ANY query is underspecified.

Regards,

--
    Miek Gieben

SIDN, Meander 501, PO Box 5022, 6802 EA Arnhem, The Netherlands
miek.gieben at sidn.nl                         http://www.sidn.nl/