[dns-operations] Capturing 8.8.8.8 Traffic

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:32:57 UTC 2013

<Rant alert>

Google might be doing X,Y or Z with DNS data, but IMO, the fact doesn't
excuse ISPs border filtering requests or spoofing 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

What happened to personal responsibility by the way? Do we really want
our ISPs to nanny us just in case Big Evil Google data mines my DNS
queries ? Why can't people make their own decisions and face the
consequences ?

Maybe the next step is to deep-packet-inspect HTTP to filter tracking
cookies too ? Just in case <Insert Evil Corp Here> does <Insert Evil
Action Here> ?

Again, IMO, it's a very slippery slope, and a dangerous one.

cheers

~Carlos