[dns-operations] Capturing 8.8.8.8 Traffic

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon Feb 25 20:11:22 UTC 2013

> From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <carlosm3011 at gmail.com>

> That said, there is something to be said for easy-to-remember,
> easy-to-type, DNS addresses. Why not write an I-D asking IANA for a
> couple of very easy addresses that we can all agree to locally anycast ?

I'm not a guru on much of the consumer equipment, but what I have seen
allows you to use whatever DNS settings are pushed out by the ISP as part
of DHCP.  Just leave that box ticked and you get the ISP's idea of the
proper DNS settings.

But the original message was about a large customer, so they probably
aren't dealing w/ a Linksys or DLink or equivalent home equipment. Without
more details, we just guessing.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.