[dns-operations] Capturing 8.8.8.8 Traffic

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon Feb 25 18:03:27 UTC 2013

> From: Graham Beneke <graham at apolix.co.za>

> I discovered the other day that a large customer of $dayjob has decided
> that it is a good idea to outsource the LAN support for their head
> office and NOC to a mom-and-pop IT shop. While I question the wisdom in
> that, I was far more concerned by the fact that this mom-and-pop shop
> had configured Google Public DNS as the resolver for everything on their
> LAN.

It's probably a good bet that they trust the IT shop.  Pointing out their
shortcomings might not be very welcome.  Far too often, selection of such
vendors has little to do with technical merit and lots to do with knowing
someone.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.