[dns-operations] Request To Clear Cache: NYTimes.com

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Aug 27 22:03:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 04:55:19PM -0500,
 david at from525.com <david at from525.com> wrote
 a message of 22 lines which said:

> I am a DNS Administrator at NYTimes.com.

I regret there is no more authentification. I don't know from25.com...

> Earlier today we had issues with
> our registrar updating our NS records on the root servers

No, on the ".com" name servers, the root was unharmed.

>  It would be a
> great service to the internet if everyone could please clear their cache
> for NYTimes.com.

It has no negative consequences so, even if the request is not
authenticated, it is no problem to comply. Done on my servers.