[dns-operations] Request To Clear Cache: NYTimes.com

david at from525.com david at from525.com
Tue Aug 27 21:55:19 UTC 2013

All,

I am a DNS Administrator at NYTimes.com.  Earlier today we had issues with
our registrar updating our NS records on the root servers to a malicious
site.  The registrar has since locked our domain with the registry on our
proper Name Servers.  We have had reports that the malicious site that our
domain was redirected to was infecting users with malware.  It would be a
great service to the internet if everyone could please clear their cache
for NYTimes.com.  I understand that several other large websites/domains
are experience the same thing.  I would not be surprised if several request
like this come in over the list today.

Thanks,
David Porsche
Systems Administrator