[dns-operations] Implementation of negative trust anchors?

Suzanne Woolf woolf at isc.org
Mon Aug 26 11:52:39 UTC 2013

On Aug 23, 2013, at 1:03 PM, Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:

> on the other hand i would not be glad to see NTA as an IETF RFC, FYI, BCP, or other standards-like artifact.

The current draft proposed status is "Informational."

That is, not standards-track and not BCP.

See: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-livingood-negative-trust-anchors/

It has cautionary language in it regarding the limited applicability of NTAs and IME the authors are not opposed to strengthening that.

"Should we document it as an RFC anyway?" is a reasonable question, and I tend to think so but (like others I know here) I can live with either outcome.

Suzanne