[dns-operations] Registration Open for DNS OARC Spring 2013 Workshop - Dublin, 12th/13th May

Paul Ferguson fergdawgster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:36:27 UTC 2013

Somewhat related, and since the meeting is being held in Europe --
ENISA is recommending that Internet network providers implement
long-known traffic filtering techniques, which could have countered a
major cyber incident that hit services across western Europe last
Month (March 2013):

https://www.enisa.europa.eu/publications/flash-notes/flash-note-can-recent-attacks-really-threaten-internet-availability

FYI,

- ferg

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Keith Mitchell <keith at dns-oarc.net> wrote:

> (With apologies for any duplication of this information)
>
> We have now opened registration for our workshop in Dublin next month,
> you can find full details, including a registration form and talks
> approved to date at:
>
> https://indico.dns-oarc.net/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=0
>
> Talks submitted so far include use of Elliptic Curve Cryptography in
> DNSSEC, Anycast service enumeration, and evaluations of RRL behaviour.
>
> We still have room for more presentations, please use the form on the
> above site to submit your abstracts for consideration by the programme
> committee.
>
> In view of recent events, we're setting aside a significant amount of
> time to the problem of DNS reflection attacks and open resolvers, and
> Merike Kaeo will be running a session on this topic. Please contact her
> at <merike.kaeo at mail.internetidentity.com> if you would like to
> contribute to this, particularly if you have new data.
>
> I can also confirm that we should be in a position to webcast the meeting.
>
> Please contact us at <admin at dns-oarc.net> if you have any questions or
> need help registering/submitting.
>
> Keith
>
> (OARC President)