[dns-operations] Sample Zone Files for Testing

Frederic Cambus fred at statdns.com
Wed Apr 10 22:50:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:

> I'm looking for sample zone files for name server testing after software
> upgrades. The zone files should contain "normal" stuff but also complex
> stuff like CNAME/DNAME, wildcard records ...
>
> Is anyone aware of such existing zone files (and even better: existing test
> clients)?

You should take a look at the genzone.sh test script bundled with BIND
sources, this could be a starting point : bin/tests/system/genzone.sh

Also, I maintain a test domain providing some seldom used resource record
types, which you might find useful : http://www.statdns.net

Regards,
Frederic