[dns-operations] dotless domains

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Fri Sep 21 23:47:46 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-21 11:28 PM, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> 	I suspect that a non negligible number of gTLD applicants *expect* to
> 	be able to use http://wibble/ and mailto:bob at wibble

and yet, the applicant guidebook, section 2.2.3.3, is pretty clear. so,
let's all reinforce what every applicant was already told, so make sure
they don't have unrealistic expectations.

> 	... Contractual obligations to not have anything else
> 	than NS/SOA/DNSKEY at the apex might be hard to swallow when you plunk
> 	down 200K.

and yet, see applicant guidebook section 2.2.3.3.

> 	So, comment away! (sac053-dotless-domains at icann.org)

+1.

paul

--
"It seems like the rules for automagic completion of incomplete names typed into browsers are going to  start to look like those for the game of fizbin." --rick jones