[dns-operations] keeping ICANN busy

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Sep 21 09:01:00 UTC 2012

On 21 Sep 2012, at 09:40, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> For the consultation mentioned in Paul Vixie's original message, the
> issue is not whether one-label domains are a good idea or not but
> whether ICANN has really nothing better to do than to add yet another
> stupid regulation in an already very thick book.

Of course ICANN has better things it could do. However most of those
"better things" are (close to) impossible for ICANN to resolve. IMO it
would be better for ICANN to spend time pontificating about address
records for TLDs than work on things which could be unwelcome. YMMV.

It would be nice if the IAB or IETF could issue some sort of "RRs in
single-label domain names considered harmful" document. But I'm got
going to hold my breath.