[dns-operations] dotless domains

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Sep 21 08:40:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:29:35AM +0200,
 Phil Regnauld <regnauld at nsrc.org> wrote
 a message of 18 lines which said:

>       I'm not particularly against the idea of using "dotless"
> 	domains, but we know who's going to live with the support
> 	questions when users start complaining. Paul's piece on
> 	CircleID sums it up nicely. Caveat emptor.

For the consultation mentioned in Paul Vixie's original message, the
issue is not whether one-label domains are a good idea or not but
whether ICANN has really nothing better to do than to add yet another
stupid regulation in an already very thick book.