[dns-operations] go daddy refuses to register NS not otherwise associated with go daddy controlled domains

paul vixie paul at redbarn.org
Thu Sep 13 00:03:10 UTC 2012

as a registry services provider, we have been asked for a software
option that allows a registrant to say "i don't want an NS RRset
delegating to me, i want you to put in a CNAME for example.com and
www.example.com". i hate this idea, and not just because it calls for a
non-terminal CNAME. yet it's the way of the world. we universally point
them at "put your A/AAAA RR's at your apex, and make your www child be a
cname to the apex" and we get very few walkaways but we do get a few. --paul