[dns-operations] Pinging the root name servers to check my connectivity?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Sep 5 19:49:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 12:43:46PM -0400,
 Paul Wouters <paul at cypherpunks.ca> wrote
 a message of 34 lines which said:

> with the stubs doing more resolving/validating themselves, the root
> servers are going to see a higher load. I think that's unavoidable.

I cannot speak for the root name servers operators. But let me put my
TLD operator hat on since the load at TLD will also increase.

OK, now that it is done, I agree with you: it's unavoidable and
partially for good reasons (you can only trust your own machine, many
ISP have crappy resolvers, etc).