[dns-operations] Comparing TCP and UDP response times of root name servers

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Wed Nov 21 01:06:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:49:47 +0200
Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net> wrote:

> [Apologies for duplicates]
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> The RIPE NCC has just published an article on RIPE Labs, comparing the
> TCP and UDP response times of DNS queries to the root name servers:
>
> https://labs.ripe.net/Members/bwijnen/tcp-udp-dns-soa-rt-ratio
>
> Your comments, questions and suggestions are welcome.

Apologies for the delay.  A general inquiry to the group, not
specifically to RIPE.  Any ideas on when we might expect to see some
DNS implementations support DNS over DCCP, if ever?  It might be quite
handy in lieu of the ongoing DoS nuisance.  If not, why not?  Technical
barriers, funding issues or lack of demand perhaps?

John