[dns-operations] The (very) uneven distribution of DNS root servers on the Internet

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed May 16 13:21:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 02:16:08AM +0000, paul vixie wrote:
> other rootops have their own wonderfully diverse criteria; that's a feature.

I fully agree.  I think, however, that the people who don't understand
how and why that's a feature are making hay of the fact that it's hard
to find this info if you don't already know someone "on the inside".
It may make the root operators feel, to outsiders, like a club
(certainly, that's a criticism I've heard, though I don't agree with
it and take the time to argue against it when I do).

I get the "feels like advertising" problem, though.  Sorry I don't
have any easy suggestions.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com