[dns-operations] The (very) uneven distribution of DNS root servers on the Internet

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Tue May 15 09:30:50 UTC 2012

On 15 maj 2012, at 11:14, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Asking for fairness and equity (for IP addresses or
> root name servers) seem reasonable to me.

The devil is in the details. Network elements should on the Internet be distributed according to network topology. Secondly, "equity" regarding resources like IP addresses is for us Internet people that we use a fair need based system while "traditional telecom" uses a strict equal system where for example each country get the same number of addresses.

   Patrik