[dns-operations] What's going on with ns.uu.net?

Jaana Jarve netcat at uninet.ee
Tue Jun 19 16:12:49 UTC 2012

Hello,

it does not appear to be working for any of the zones it should be
authoritative for. Which include top level domains like .int and the
ccTLD .ee

dig @ns.uu.net int soa

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @ns.uu.net int soa
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 33350
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

This is not the first time it has happened either, and I believe at least
second time in a few months when the service is down for 20 hours or more.
Shorter downtimes have been even more frequent.

hostmaster at uu.net bounces due to mail misconfiguration.
VZB official support address never answered, when I tried
contacting them.

Are there any ns.uu.net operators on this list or anyone in contact with
them? If this topic is irrelevant here, please contact offlist, TIA