[dns-operations] Reverse DNSSEC--delegating to a child

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 12:03:01 UTC 2012

On Jul 23 2012, Joe Abley wrote:
>When you have signed 207.151.in-addr.arpa and are confident that it
>validates correctly, you will need to get a DS record published in the
>parent zone, 151.in-addr.arpa. That zone is operated by the RIPE NCC,
>and so you will need to talk to them.

This isn't in the RIPE NCC database, so I suspect it is ERX space and
you need to "talk" to your own RIR (ARIN?). The RIRs that are up to speed
on this exchange NS + DS data for delegations of ERX space so that they
end up in the right high-level reverse zone.

"Talk" ought to mean "use the web interface". It certainly would if
you were in fact updating the RIPE NCC database.

Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.

More information about the dns-operations mailing list