[dns-operations] Google Public DNS and round robin records

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 23 09:02:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 08:45:21AM +0000,
 Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote
 a message of 21 lines which said:

> this is the right approach if you're running that server.

There is currently no way to write a program which will work with any
server because there is no standard to configure the server (see RFC
6168).

But dnssec-trigger is free software and can certainly be ported to
BIND/rndc. Ask the people at ISC to do it, I've been told they're nice
and knowledgeable :-)

> third, i'm not convinced that any existing recursive name server
> makes sense if it's only going to be talking to local clients.

In that respect, the future BIND 10 may be better (to provide a
lightweight resolver) than the monolithic BIND 9.