[dns-operations] register nameservers in different TLD's NS

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 16 14:34:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:27:07AM -0400,
 Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com> wrote
 a message of 40 lines which said:

> I think what he means is that the other TLD ( ie .com ) does not yet
> have a glue record in place for the .info nameserver

Of course. There is no need for glue since the name server's names are
not in the same domain (not even in the same TLD).

> thus it will not allow domains to be delegated to it.

easydns.com is delegated and it has a .info name server and the .com
name servers do not have glue (and for good reasons):

% dig +short @a.gtld-servers.net DNS4.EASYDNS.INFO
%