[dns-operations] register nameservers in different TLD's NS

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 16 14:12:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 09:45:34PM +0800,
 ?? <mail at nsbeta.info> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> But, a domain in other TLD, say example.com, can't use the
> nameservers of nsbeta.info as its auth servers.

Why? It should work. For instance, the name servers of linux.com are
under ".org".

> How can I register a info nameserver in a com's NS?

You cannot, the DNS is a tree, ".com" cannot have information about
".info" machines (a long time ago, it did, but it was a bad idea and,
anyway, it is over now).