[dns-operations] Question about DNSSEC and .gov domains

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Feb 2 16:59:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 10:27:00AM -0600, Stephen Johnson wrote:

> "Federal officials have indicated that any .gov domains (like states)
> exchanging data with the feds will need to be DNSSEC compliant."

Smells like nonsense to me, but I don't know what the federal rules
are right now.  I would suggest you ask on
dnssec-deployment at dnssec-deployment.org, where there are some
prominent people with access to the relevant regulations and who might
even be able to explain how the vendor came up with this idea.

Last I heard, though, the federal rules explicitly did not extend to
the state level, and everyone was very clear about it.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com