[dns-operations] note for the peanut gallery Re: underline in TXT's host

Mike Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Mon Dec 17 16:55:42 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----

From: Feng He <fenghe at nsbeta.info>
Date: Monday, December 17, 2012 3:31 AM
To: "dns-operations at lists.dns-oarc.net" <dns-operations at lists.dns-oarc.net>
Subject: Re: [dns-operations] note for the peanut gallery Re: underline in
TXT's host

>于 2012-12-15 2:37, Fred Morris 写道:
>> So therefore let me state that I suggest that the unwary reader SHOULD
>>NOT
>> paste this into a shell to find out. I'll spoil the fun and tell you
>>that
>> it would delete everything in whatever directory you were in, and all of
>> the directories below it.
>
>He is kind enough to not saying `rm -rf /`  :)

It's been a long time since I was bored enough to try something like this
for fun, but from what I remember on an old Solaris box "/" might be
kinder -- if often fails quickly due to permissions, /dev being processed
early, etc.

If nothing else, this thread was a great advertisement for backups.

:-)