[dns-operations] Update: Problem in Costa Rica 14 Sept.

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Sep 27 17:19:31 UTC 2011

    Ok, this is going to bug me all day if I don't ask it now...

    There was a really well known zone (root? .arpa? something)
    that had something exactly like that at the end of the zone,
    and I seem to remember it was not a TXT record (maybe an HINFO?).

    Does anyone know what I'm on about? and what the label was? and
    the zone / record?

    One of those useless trivia things that's going to bug me all day..

Root zone
vrsn-end-of-zone-marker-dummy-record	172800	IN	TXT	"plenus"

Some people were really upset because this created the
"vrsn-end-of-zone-marker-dummy-record" TLD. It got removed when
Verisign revamped their provisioning system a couple of years ago.

	jaap