[dns-operations] IDNs

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Mon Sep 19 10:20:25 UTC 2011

[ Quoting Jan-Piet Mens at 11:32 on September 19 in "Re: [dns-operations] IDNs"... ]
> > Looking, for example, at this URL:
> > http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/xn--fpcrj9c3d.html
> >
> > There are five characters I can't see.
>
> Same here for flavors of Mac OS/X and Linux, Chrome, FF, and Safari :-(

Works great here Ubuntu/Chrome and FF...

> Can somebody verify that the characters on the right of this image [1]
> are correct? If they are, I might give a stab at "display" utility.
>
> [1] https://plus.google.com/107349548255760539356/posts/4dbngyWVrhs

Sort of... Look like there some ligatures in the string, because the
one iana.org displays is somewhat shorter than yours. (If there is such
a thing in this script).

Regards,
Miek Gieben