[dns-operations] Why the record locates in com. zone?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu Sep 15 14:11:47 UTC 2011

On 2011-09-14, at 23:32, 刘明星:) wrote:

> the RR
> ns3.wondns.com. IN A X.X.X.X
> does not exist in com zone, the resolution of zq681.com is ok, though there are more lookups because the RR
> ns3.wondns.com. IN A X.X.X.X
> can be found in wondns.com zone.

There is no domain in the COM zone delegated to that nameserver (I checked COM serial 1315412140), and hence it's not possible to see a referral from a COM nameserver which includes ns3.wondns.com glue in the additional section. (Just guessing. For authoritative answers, if you need them, ask the registrant or the registry operator.)

Joe