[dns-operations] Report on recent signature expiry in IP6.ARPA

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue May 24 23:34:09 UTC 2011

In message <39F721D8-75C1-48B8-ACBE-4CD21FAA0963 at icann.org>, Dave Knight writes
:

> On 2011-05-23, at 9:42 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> >=20
> > You may want to note that the ICANN office in Sydney was unreachable
> > in business hours (10:00 am Monday) making informing ICANN by
> > telephone problematical.  You should also not there is not a clear
> > 24 hour contact number for failures like this on the ICANN web site.
>

> The information is perhaps not as clear as it could be, but neither is =
> it hidden. Typing `whois ip6.arpa` gets me a number which gets me to =
> ICANN's main switchboard. Going to www.icann.org and typing "ip6.arpa" =
> into the search box leads me to the DNS Operations section of the site =
> where I get a number for the DNS Operations NOC.

If I click on contact http://www.icann.org/en/contact and that
doesn't give me something that works.  I actually tried both Marina
del Rey (09:53 +10:00, according to the dialed numbers log on the
phone) and Sydney (~10:00 +10:00, different phone).  One gave me "If
you know the extention" the other "Our business hours are" inside
business hours.

Marina del Rey, CA, USA
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601