[dns-operations] IPv6 & IPv4 addresses

Simon Munton Simon.Munton at communitydns.net
Fri Mar 18 09:57:12 UTC 2011

> in EDNS1 (circa 1999) i had this defined as requiring all QNAMEs to be
> the same (since RCODE refers to the QNAME alone not the full q-tuple)
> but this was tossed out as "too many moving parts" or similar.

I'm sure you're right, Paul, seems a shame as (right now) I can't see
the issues, where the QNAME is constant, plus the query packet size will
only be very slightly bigger.

Should also be better for the authority server as its gone to the
trouble of pulling out the data for that name already, so supplying more
than one RR would be less overhead than running the query again from
scratch .... well it would on our system anyway!