[dns-operations] who cares about RA bit

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Jun 16 15:23:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 04:49:57PM +0800, 刘明星:) wrote:
> we know that the recursor sets RA bit in the responses to the queries from its clients.
> I wonder if  the clients care about the bit and when.

In general, not a lot is known about the various stubs, nor even how many
there are. At different times, browsers and other applications have spawned
and relinquished their stubs. Also, DSL & cable devices have a habit
proxying DNS request & (over)thinking about them.

I'd suggest not making any waves and setting the RA flag if R is A.

	Bert