[dns-operations] .com delegations of recently renewed domains

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Fri Jun 3 21:17:03 UTC 2011

It's been my experience over the past several years that changes to
the .com domains are reflected very quickly (sometimes mere seconds)
in the .com gtld servers.  It's been remarkably reliable and stable.
However, this week, we had two separate .com domain renewals that the
whois shows the correct information (dns delgation and expiration date
in the future), but queries to the .com gtld servers got an NXDOMAIN.
One domain was with a Chinese registrar and one was with our registrar
but not in our account; the customer was managing the domain directly
with our registrar (MIT).  Has anybody else stumbled across this in
the past week?  (whois on a recently renewed domain shows the correct
dns delegation, but the .com gtld servers return NXDOMAIN.)

The two domains are:
risingray.com
medspaca.com

I have advised both customers to contact their registrar directly and
ask for a push of the dns allocation to the gtld servers (whatever it
takes to do that).  Anything else I can be doing?

Regards...            Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the