[dns-operations] DNS APIs, was Who Ignores TTLs ?

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Fri Feb 18 10:19:32 UTC 2011

    I know of two completely incompatible APIs for getting the
    DNSSEC data up out of an application.  SPARTA/Cobham has one
    in libval
    (https://www.dnssec-tools.org/wiki/index.php/DNSSEC_Application_Development),
    and the other is in Unbound.  It sure would be nice to get that
    together.

The unbound API grew out of running code and the libval thing was
build from the ground up. There was some talk some time ago that
it would be great to have a single API and we should sit around a
table "when there was time" but it didn't hapen (yet?).

	jaap