[dns-operations] DNSSEC undoing independence of root-zone operators

david at from525.com david at from525.com
Thu Feb 17 03:10:57 UTC 2011

All,

I am not suggesting that anyone's ideas are right or wrong but with the
government doing such things as in the link bellow I can certainly share
some of Phil's concerns.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5762161/feds-accidentally-shut-down-84000-websites-over-wrongful-kiddie-porn-accusation

In the above example they specifically mention that they approached
FreeDNS to make the DNS changes.  If they approached ICANN with this type
of request what would happen?  DNS seems to be something that legislators
are really interested in these days trying to pass such bills as the
Combating Online Infringement And Counterfeits Act.

DNSSEC aside for a moment; How do we all feel about this type of news as
DNS Operators?

Thanks,
David