[dns-operations] List (with comments) of online DNS checking tools

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Sep 21 12:36:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:

> As an instructive example you might try to ask to resolve www.google.com
> using the public google resolvers ... which fails:
>  http://wwwneu.iks-jena.de/eng/Tools/DNSSEC/Check/(qname)/www.google.com/(qtype)/AAAA/(root)/siana/(dlv)/none/(access)/google
>
> This example was found by a client of our last DNSSEC workshop. Oops.

It would be nice if it showed the queries that correspond to the replies.
As it is, it isn't very clear from its output exactly how it discovered
the problem.

Tony.
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,
DECREASING 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER IN HUMBER AND THAMES. MODERATE OR
ROUGH. RAIN THEN FAIR. GOOD.