[dns-operations] List (with comments) of online DNS checking tools

Einar Lönn einar.lonn at iis.se
Tue Sep 21 08:25:59 UTC 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 4:57 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Comments and flames are welcome:
>
> http://www.bortzmeyer.org/tests-dns.html

Hi,

This is a very good list. I've missed a place to find information about several delegation checking tools in one page; however I think you should add even more tools to your page so you can compare more of them! "Competition" is what truly makes open source shine! Hmm, however I can just think of 2 others now but I might remember more later on...

http://mydnscheck.com/
http://www.checkdns.net/

Oh, and in defense of DNSCheck and DNSSEC I must say that DNSCheck does handle SHA2; just not on the website (http://dnscheck.iis.se) since it hasnt been updated in a few months (running v1.0.1, v1.1 supports SHA2 if you also have Net::DNS::Sec 0.16 installed). I want to get a v1.1.1 with certain other small fixes before I upgrade though, it's coming soon so I can live with this issue for now.

	/Regards,  Einar Lönn ( Project manager DNSCheck )