[dns-operations] H root outage (UNCLASSIFIED)

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Mon Oct 4 11:07:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 08:51:11AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 11:24:37PM +0000,
>  bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com <bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com> wrote
>  a message of 25 lines which said:
>
> > 	I'm pretty sure there are at least three, if not more unicast
> > 	nodes still around.
>
> Give names, please, otherwise, it is useless information.

I'm pretty sure he gave all the information he intended to.  Anyway, Joe
Abley mentioned them earlier, if you were reading the thread.

> > 	I'm pretty sure that "B" is not on a raft off the coast of
> > 	West Africa.
>
> {0, 0} is off the coast of West Africa. It seems to indicate that
> root-servers.org is programmed in Perl, or another language where
> undefined => zero. Anyway, I concur with David Conrad. Simply post the
> data, this will settle the issue.

Good point of trivia about the undef -> zero, or perhaps it was
intentional.  Bad point about David, that's not what he asked.  Bill may
already have complied with what David did ask, and we'd never know.

**
** Joe Yao				jsdy at tux.org - Joseph S. D. Yao
**