[dns-operations] Missing .us and GTLD records??

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Sat May 22 18:04:40 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-22, at 19:54, bert hubert wrote:

> "it might be faster" - when determining which nameserver address + family to
> talk to, everybody does so on the (banded) historical RTT. The IPv6 address
> might simply be faster.
>
> Unlikely as this seems, I've seen an example of this,

I've seen this, too. My assumption is that carrier finance departments have not yet heard of v6, and hence v6 peering to some degree is being done on an engineering level optimising performance rather than minimising cost. (Or perhaps the finance people are cleverer than I think, and they're building relevance before they attach value to it.)

Joe